Rhubarb & Ginger cheesecake
- 250 g fresh rhubarb
- 125 g sugar
Cream cheese filling
- 500 g cream cheese
- 500 g double cream
- 250 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 150 g ginger biscuits
- 75 g unsalted butter
- Cut the rhubarb into roughly 2-3 cm chunks, add these to a pot with the sugar (125g) on a medium heat and stew until soft. Then allow to cool and keep for later.
- Whilst your rhubarb is stewing, using a food processor blend your biscuits to the consistency you would like for the base.
- Melt your butter in a microwaveable bowl, once melted add your blended biscuits to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add you biscuit mix to your cheesecake tin and press down firmly to create an even base.
- Put all cream cheese filling ingredients into a bowl and mix well until it's a stiff consistency.
- Press the cream cheese filling on top of the base and smooth the surface. Chill for 1-2 hours
- Before serving add your rhubarb topping to the centre of the cheesecake surface.