Apple & Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup plain greek or coconut yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- toppings: cinnamon apples nut butter, chopped nuts or hemp seeds
- Add chopped apple pieces, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small microwave-safe bowl. Stir together to coat apples. Heat for 30 – 60 seconds, until apples have softened a bit and look similar to baked apples. Let cool and reserve 1/4 cup of the apples to use as a topping.
- Meanwhile add oats, milk, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon into a dish with a lid. Stir ingredients together and add 1/4 cup of the cinnamon apples. Place the lid on your jar and shake to combine a bit more. Place in the fridge overnight (or just 30-60 minutes if needed sooner).
- Remove lid from jar, add more yogurt or almond milk if the mixture seems too thick. Top with extra 1/4 cup apples and your favorite overnight oat toppings.
- Enjoy the oats straight from the jar or pour into a bowl