Craigies Apple Tart
- 3 kg Plain Flour
- 1.5 kg Butter
- 1.6 kg Caster Sugar
- 16 Eggs
- 1/2 pint Water
- 5.2 kg Apples
- Mix the flour and butter together.
- Add the caster sugar, water and eggs to the flour and butter mixture until the dough forms. Rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix together the apples, caster sugar and cinnamon to make the filling.
- Roll out the dough and line the bases.
- Fill each of the bases with the filling mixture.
- Once the apple mix has been divided between the cases, top each tart with a pastry lid.
- Trim the edges of the tart and pierce 2 holes in the top.
- Bake at 180°c (Fan) for approximately 40-50 minutes. Leave to cool slightly then sprinkle with caster sugar.