Chicken & Leek Filo Pie
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 300 g button mushrooms
- 500 g chicken thighs, bones removed
- 100 ml double cream
- 6-8 sheets filo pastry
- small handful parsley
- a little olive oil
- In a heavy based saucepan, heat a little olive oil and sweat down the onions until they are softened and translucent, add the white part of the leek and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- On a separate chopping board, dice up the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Add these to the pan and seal the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a gentle boil, cook for 30-40 minutes gently.
- Add the green parts of the leek and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil, season to taste and add the chopped parsley.
- Transfer into a 20cm pie dish.
- Preheat the oven to 170oc. Lay a sheet of filo pastry on a clean chopping board and brush with olive oil. Lay the filo across the pie dish with the corners resting over the sides of the dish, fold the corners in, repeat this with the other sheets of pastry turning the pie dish so they over lap.
- Top the filo with some chopped thyme and salt and pepper. Press the pastry down gently. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the pie is hot and the pastry golden.
- Serve with some buttered potatoes and some green veg.