Smoked Salmon Quiche
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 125 g Cold Butter
- 50 ml Cold Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 pint Double Cream
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 150 g Smoked Salmon
- 75 g Cream Cheese
- 20 g Chives
- Add flour into a mixing bowl. Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to flour. Toss butter through flour to coat. Using fingertips, rub the butter into the flour lifting it in the bowl as you do so to keep it light and cool.
- Add the cold water and to mix with a round-ended knife until the mixture starts to come together. Gather the dough with your hands, wiping the dough round the bowl to pick up stray pieces.
- Put the dough on to a floured surface and knead lightly until a smooth ball is formed.
- Roll out the dough so it’s about 5cm larger than your 6 inch quiche dish. Lift and drape across. Press the dough into all the corners of the dish using your fingers. Don’t trim off the edges just yet – chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C. Fill the pastry case with a round of baking paper and baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Then carefully remove the paper and beans and cook the pastry for 5 minutes more. .
- Carefully trim off the excess pastry using a small sharp knife.
- Make the egg mixture by whisking all the eggs and cream together, add in some salt and pepper to season.
- Fill the quiche base with smoked salmon, cream cheese and chives, spreading evenly around the base.
- Add the egg mixture. Making sure the filling does not spill over the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200°C. If the quiche is still not firm at the top then bake for a further 5 minutes.