- 550 g Plums
- 3 Bramley Apples
- 50 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 75 g Butter
- 170 g Plain Flour
- 30 g Oat Flakes
- 75 g Golden Caster Sugar
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Quarter and stone the plums.
- Peel the apples and cut them into chunks.
- Divide the plums and apples between 6 x 300ml oven-proof bowls or a 1.2-litre pie dish and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Rub the butter into the flour and oats just until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs so the topping will be crunchy, then mix in the sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake for 15 minutes for small crumbles or 30-45 minutes for a large crumble, or until cooked and golden.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.